Teen Patti is one of the most loved card games in the world today. It is a variant of Poker that is also referred to as Flash or Flush. Played with three cards, the game has a stamp of Indian heritage. Its root can be traced back to the British Card game- 3 Card Brag. The game that has a maximum footprint around the Indian sub-continent and South Asia is a ‘must game’ across all age groups during the social get-together and family outings.
The mass appeal that the game carries with it has prompted the various Online Casino Games sites to give it prominence in their respective gaming libraries. This famous online table game is generally played among 3 to 7 players. The game starts with the ‘Boot’, where a pre-agreed amount as the minimum stake is collected from each player and is placed at the center of the table. The stakes generally grow as the game progresses.
Now, each player is distributed with a set of three cards from a 52 cards deck without jokers, which are placed face down to play with. The bets are placed beforehand like the other poker games. The players have two options i-e, to make a call or a raise. To make a call means the player intends to be in the game without raising his bet whereas he has to add cash to raise the bar if he intends so. That raise will impact the win or loss margin for him.
Now, each player in his turn shall decide to:
See the card to start the further process to continue playing or pack up, or play blind without seeing the cards and add to his initial bet. The current stake for the next player is then the amount that you bet (if he’s playing blind as well) or twice the amount that you bet (if he has seen his cards already).
If you have already seen your cards and you think you wish to play further, you must bet at least as much as the current stake (if the player who bet before you had seen his cards too) or at least twice (if the player who bet before you were playing blind).
If you have started with a blind, you have seen your cards in the next move, then the betting rules for the seen player will apply to you.
You can continue betting further as per your strategy based on the strength of your cards or your assessment of the situation where you observe that all except one player has folded. Here, the remaining player wins all the Teen Patti chips in the pot, irrespective of the Teen Patti sequence held.
In another situation, where you are pitted against another player the bets are raised again and the same culminates into a showdown. In this case, the strength of the cards for both players will be compared. If the hands are equal then the player asking for a show loses. Otherwise, the player with the higher cards wins the pot.
Teen Patti Sequence
Ranking of the card hands from highest to lowest
Trail (three cards of the same value): AAA is the highest value trail in the game.
Pure Sequence: Three consecutive cards of the same suit.
Sequence: Three consecutive cards not all in the same suit.
Colour: A flush of 3 cards in the same suit, with the highest card winning in the case of a draw.
Pair: A pair of 2 cards of the same rank. In case of a draw, the highest-ranking 3rd card will denote the winner.
High Card: When neither the dealer nor player has a pair, then the hand with the highest card wins.
Teen Patti Online game variations
To attract greater inwards traffic for Online Teen Patti and make it more interesting, most of the Online Casino Gambling sites have innovated many new variants. Some of them are as below:
· Community – In this game, players are dealt with two cards face-down and one card face-up as a community card. The player with the best three cards in the group wins this hand.
· 2 Cards Open – In this game, every player receives three cards (two cards face-up and one card face-down). Players make their moves based on their assumption of the value of the face-down card. In this variant, players cannot play ‘blind’.
· Auction – In this version, two piles of three cards each are created face-down on the table. The card on the top is a Joker which is visible to all the participants. Before the game begins, players make bids to buy the piles. The player who bought the pile can replace his in-hand cards with the cards in the pile.
· High-low – In this variant, the values of the cards are switched. The card with the lowest value attains the highest value while the highest value card becomes the lowest. The rules of the game remain the same for the rest of the game.
· Odd sequence – In this form of the Teen Patti game, the sequence of three cards is considered differently. In place of a regular sequence, the alternate cards are considered to be the sequence. Now, instead of A-2-3, A-3-5 is considered as a sequence.
· Draw – In this variety, once cards are distributed, players can discard some of their cards and request new cards.
· 999 – To win, the player needs to get the number 9-9-9. The player who has the cards closest to 9-9-9 wins the game.
· Best three out of four – Every player is given 4 cards in place of 3 cards to make the best combination of three cards from the same. The fourth card which is of no use is discarded.
· Pack Jack – Three Joker cards (wild cards) are placed on the table. When a player folds, his cards become the new 3 Jokers.
· King-little – The king cards are used as Joker cards. The smallest card in your hand also becomes the Joker card.
Teen Patti online is now probably the most popular game amongst gamblers worldwide. The same can be attributed to the interest that it garners as well as the easy rules for everyone to understand and master.
The fun and excitement become manifold when you play it with the most dependable and preferred online betting exchange in the world i-e, FairPlay has hordes of offers and bonuses for its members- newbies or existing ones. The exchange also provides tutorials to hone your skills and strategies to win. You can stay connected with it through your mobile phone to continue playing even while on the move.
So what are you waiting for? Just register at FairPlay and start playing!!